Let's say you have already created an audience of people who have bought products from your site or who are your most valuable customers - wouldn't you like to get more customers similar to them? Well that's where lookalike audiences come in. By creating a lookalike, Facebook extrapolates from the features of your seed audience to create a target group for you of people who are similar.
Creating a Lookalike Audience
You can create Lookalike audiences from the Audience overview page by clicking the button next to the audience you would like to use as the seed. This opens a dialog box where you can configure your audience.
You can specify the following:
- Name - StitcherAds automatically creates a name for your audience which you can edit
- Country - Lookalike audiences are restricted to a country and importantly, the seed audience must contain at least 100 users from the country you wish to create a lookalike audience in.
- Optimise for
- Reach - which selects the top 5% of similar people to your seed audience
- Similarity - which selects the top 1% of similar people to your seed audience
- Ratio - where you can select the percentage of similar people to your seed audience
It can take up to 48 hours to populate a lookalike audience but you can create adverts with it straight away; they just won't get distribution until the audience is populated with users.
Please also see our Blog post: