Dynamic Product Ads (DPAs) have the ability to deliver highly personalised carousel ads to customers’ news feeds. StitcherAds makes it really simple for advertisers to rapidly setup a basic DPA retargeting campaign to retarget any customer that viewed or added to basket any product in their entire catalog over a specified timeframe.
However, clients can generate higher RoAS by using StitcherAds to configure more sophisticated DPA retargeting campaigns as outlined below:
StitcherAds enables clients to split their product catalog into smaller products sets based on factors like profit margin, product category, products on sale, product attributes etc. This is achieved by using our flexible feed mapping features to use custom fields to capture product data like profit margin.
StitcherAds also enables clients to bid differently based on those product sets and also based on other factors including the following:
- Margin Bidding - bid based on the profit margin for a product set
- Device Bidding - clients bid differently for ads delivered on desktop, iPhone, Android tablet etc.
- Recency Bidding - clients can configure staggered retargeting timelines and bids e.g. retarget viewers for 3 days, then wait a further week before retargeting them again for a further 3 days and bid differently for each timeline.
- Intent Bidding - bid differently for product viewers and those that added to cart.
Clients could achieve this smarter configuration by onerously generating lots of campaigns. The new StitcherAds DPA Permutations feature enables clients to achieve this level of sophistication within a single campaign and removes much of the workload required to configure these campaigns by automatically generating adsets based on simple configuration.
One of the biggest challenges with retargeting can be effectively managing the number of times a customer is presented with your ad. Facebook naturally manages frequency by limiting the number of times users can be presented with ads (posts) from an advertiser (fan page) to two ads per day.
However, because of the generally high bids used to ensure your retargeting ad makes it into a customer’s newsfeed, the frequency on DPA retargeting ads can increase to concerning levels over time. With traditional online banner retargeting this can be brand damaging and result in a poor customer experience with a brand. In a Facebook world this can be detrimental to your relevance score which can negatively impact the distribution of your ads. Hence, you can use the StitcherAds Advanced Product Audience feature to intelligently manage the frequency of your ads.
Within StitcherAds you are able to create a Dynamic Product Ad campaign with multiple adsets. This is a powerful feature and allows you to efficiently structure your campaigns. There are many ways this feature can be utilised but below are a few example scenarios along with a step by step guide of how to implement them.
Granularly filter your product catalog but advertise it all in one campaign
If you sell a range of products and the price varies, it’s likely that you will want to bid a lower amount on your cheaper products and higher on the most expensive. Within StitcherAds you can create filters to separate out these products, say filter price by less than £100, £100-£500 and greater than £500.
Dynamic Product Ad permutations can also be used if you want to nest the audiences for product sets in the same campaign.
There are a number of reasons you may want to use this strategy:
- Because people who have visited your site most recently are more likely to purchase your products than those who last visited your site a week ago, you can now separate out these two behaviours and bid different amounts on them.
- Similarly, should you see your ads have a high frequency, you can nest the audiences and bid lower the longer it is since a user saw your products, thus decreasing the chance of them seeing your ad.